PicaJet Forum has been moved to daminion.net/forum!
PicaJet User Forum Forum Index PicaJet User Forum
PicaJet - Digital Photo Management Software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Re-importing updated images.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stuartibee

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re-importing updated images. Reply with quote

Trialling Picajet . . very impressed so far.

question 1 - If I add 'keywords' to an image outside of Picajet . . and then i try to 're -import' the image in order for Picajet to generate Categories for me . .then Picajet refuses to add the updated image because an existing image is already in the database? Do I need to manually remove images from the database before it will re-import them? Why can it not 'overwrite' any existing images?

question 2 - why does the search function not find IPTC Keywords?
If I have updated IPTC keywords then the search function doesnt seem to look in there?

question 3 - why is thumbnail image quality not as good as say Picasa or ACDsee? Ihave tried all the sampling options . . bicubic etc etc and I am slightly disappointed with thumbnail quality.

question 4 - I hope version 3 has better printing options. I would like to print out images and choose to add EXIF or IPTC data (captions etc) below the images. Borders and background options would be nice too.
Alex
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Re-importing updated images. Reply with quote

stuartibee wrote:

Trialling Picajet . . very impressed so far.

Thanks.

stuartibee wrote:

question 1 - If I add 'keywords' to an image outside of Picajet . . and then i try to 're -import' the image in order for Picajet to generate Categories for me . .then Picajet refuses to add the updated image because an existing image is already in the database? Do I need to manually remove images from the database before it will re-import them? Why can it not 'overwrite' any existing images?

You can enable automatic reflection of outside changes. Here is: Main Menu > Tools > Options > Automatically reflect the outside file metadata changes. Also you can extract metadata manually: Main Menu > View > Extract properites.

stuartibee wrote:

question 2 - why does the search function not find IPTC Keywords?
If I have updated IPTC keywords then the search function doesnt seem to look in there?

PicaJet searches only within PicaJet's database. If you want to search through IPTC keywords you must completly extract IPTC keywords to PicaJet's categories. (Main Menu > View > Extract properites)

stuartibee wrote:

question 3 - why is thumbnail image quality not as good as say Picasa or ACDsee? Ihave tried all the sampling options . . bicubic etc etc and I am slightly disappointed with thumbnail quality.

Currently there is no option to fix this issue.

stuartibee wrote:

question 4 - I hope version 3 has better printing options. I would like to print out images and choose to add EXIF or IPTC data (captions etc) below the images. Borders and background options would be nice too.

Thanks for suggestion.
bobn

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just coming to the end of my trial period and have been impressed so far.

I was also struggling with importing keyworde already embedded in files and your reply has cleared that up except that keywords in raw files are not visible in PJ.

It appears that this functionality is available in RoboImport so are we likely to see the same in PJ in the not too distant future?

BobN
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: