PicaJet User Forum Forum Index PicaJet User Forum
PicaJet - Digital Photo Management Software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Icon Transparency Changes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Problems and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ebaylove

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:15 am    Post subject: Icon Transparency Changes Reply with quote

When importing transparent .ico files, the background changes to black and all transparency is lost. This significantly decreases visibility when browsing the database. The problem also carries over to editing with external tools if I use Picajet to initiate the process therefore, if the icon is saved, all transparency is gone for good. If I bypass Picajet to edit the icon and access the file using Explorer, it opens as normal with transparency. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Wizard
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: Icon Transparency Changes Reply with quote

ebaylove wrote:
When importing transparent .ico files, the background changes to black and all transparency is lost. This significantly decreases visibility when browsing the database. The problem also carries over to editing with external tools if I use Picajet to initiate the process therefore, if the icon is saved, all transparency is gone for good. If I bypass Picajet to edit the icon and access the file using Explorer, it opens as normal with transparency. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Could you please send me one of your ICO files you are importing to support at picajet dot com
ebaylove

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Icon Transparency Changes Reply with quote

Quote:

Could you please send me one of your ICO files you are importing to support at picajet dot com

Did you receive my email and attached files? I sent a copy of the icon and 2 screenshots showing the icons in Explorer and then the same icons within Picajet with now black backgrounds.
Please advise.
Wizard
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Icon Transparency Changes Reply with quote

ebaylove wrote:
Quote:

Did you receive my email and attached files? I sent a copy of the icon and 2 screenshots showing the icons in Explorer and then the same icons within Picajet with now black backgrounds.
Please advise.

Sorry but currently PJ doesn't displayed correctly 32-bit XP-Vista icons with smooth transparency.
ebaylove

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

Thanks for responding so quickly. I don't use Vista icons as I have XP. Is the problem the 32 bit? I know that Vista uses a packed version of 32 bit icons but mine aren't in this format.
Wizard
PicaJet Team

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: ... Reply with quote

ebaylove wrote:
Thanks for responding so quickly. I don't use Vista icons as I have XP. Is the problem the 32 bit? I know that Vista uses a packed version of 32 bit icons but mine aren't in this format.

The problem is that Graphic library we used reads the alpha channel as 1 bit bitmap instead of the 8-bit bitmap. We will talk with the library developers about this issue.
pbb

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would really like to have alpha transparency supported, too. In my case not for 32-bit icon files, but for PNGs with alpha transparency...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PicaJet User Forum Forum Index -> Problems and Troubleshooting All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: